Friday, February 21, 2014

I couldn't stand it any longer.

 With the temperature getting above freezing And the school project winding down I masked off the Bearcat just in case paint conditions arrived. As luck would have it my wife is off baby sitting until late. The paint conditions arrived. I put a fan in the window of the dark room and took the spray can of dark grey primer off the furnace exhaust pipe that kept the can warm and sprayed two coats on the fuselage. Then I grabbed the can of Ford engine blue, that very closely matches insignia blue Monokote, and sprayed two coats on the plane. The dark primer helped darken the blue even more. After that I grabbed the can of clear and sprayed two coats on the plane. I didn't want to but I followed the directions and let each coat sit for ten minutes before applying the next coat, I don't count the primer, and applying all coats within an hour. It's looking pretty good.
  The Dodge "check engine light" came on this morning. I checked all the important fluids and they are all right and the truck runs like it always has. I'll get it checked out as soon as I can find someone to do it for free. I got the free information and bought a new gas cap. NAPA had the right one and I put it on. At home I removed the positive battery wire for a bit to re set the light. The original had a lanyard on it and the new one didn't have a hole to install the lanyard. I measured the hole in the old cap and drilled a hole in the new cap. I heated some water in the micro wave and stuck the lanyard end in the hot water to soften it. It popped into the new caps hole and now all is well. If the light stays off.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea said...

Booooooo to you!