Sunday, February 9, 2014

WiFi and cabin fever a deadly combination.

More snow for tonight.
My WiFi internet radio from C. Crane has been acting up lately. It would cut out about every 4 minutes for a few to several minutes then after a while doing that it would stop altogether.  I finally got tired of diddling with it and took out the manual. I had been using it for a kneeling pad for quite some time. It's good for that. I found the the site map and found a spot that said "upgrade firmware". After searching for a while I found it and hit the go button.  The directions said not to touch it while the upgrade was going on or permanent damage would be done to the radio. What does a knee pad know. After a bit the radio started playing. I will let it play for a while to see if it starts cutting out again. Maybe there are stations that weren't there before there now. I'll have to check.
  I started to build the Acromaster from Sig that I won at the Baton Rouge contest last October. The parts fit isn't a parts fit, more like a parts misfit. The ply doublers and the fuselage have different wing cutout shapes, the spar cutouts don't line up and the die cutting is, well, die cutting. Not a beginners kit. I removed the Fox .19 from the MI Bipe and will use it.  That required  opening up the engine bearers to make it fit. Sig should redesign the kit and use laser cutting. This is the second Acromaster kit I've won at the raffle. A descent trainer after it's built though. I'll buy one less ticket this year.
 For Valentines day we have a 42 inch TV coming today. Big Y flowers have lost their luster.

No comments: