Sunday, February 23, 2014

The real McCoy.

I answered a question about McCoy .35 needle valve assemblies. Then I figured on giving my advise a try. I took a spare OS remote nva and installed is on the McCoy. Everything bolted right in except the spray bar was .136 dia. and the McCoy venturi has a .155 spray bar hole. I used a thin paper gasket on each end of the OS spray bar to seal it.  I ran two 3 ounce fuel loads and the engine liked my 2% mix better than the 10% store bought fuel. The remote nva worked quite well.

I was watching the Daytona 500 when it rained causing the race to be stopped. Seeing as I had painting conditions again I sprayed the white on the Legacy. After an hour or so the white had hardened enough to mask the white for the Chevy Engine Orange. After that had dried a bit I figured it's time for the clear. Not enough in the Dupli-Color acrylic enamel can. I did have enough in the Dupli-Color Wheel Clear can so I heated that and put two coats on the fuselage. It's hanging up curing now.
  The new gas cap cured the check engine light. Now it's going to get cold again. In like a lion out like a lamb. "Yer ass too".

No comments: