Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WiFi battle.

The old WiFi radio has been acting up lately. I tried to fix it by reading the book and the radio responded by not working at all. I checked my manhood at the door and called the C. Crane company. The lady on the other end took pity on me and spent about 10 minutes talking me through the process of going back to the factory default settings and re programming the stations. Then she told me that having the radio one floor below the router isn't good as the router shoots out not down. I have no choice but to put it one floor down as that's where I listen to it in the building area. I used an extension cord and placed the radio on the water pipes a few inches under the ceiling and about 6 feet from the router, as the termite bores. So far it's working well. I was able to get the Baton Rouge station finally. Rolands Rockin Cajun show too.
  It looks like the monthly club meeting will be cancelled because of the storm that's coming. Right now it's located in the Carolina's icing things up as it goes.
  As I looked at the Acromaster it has the look of a P-51. I added a turtle deck like the B & C models and a belly scoop and reshaped the fin and rudder. It weighs 16 ounces in the bones with the tank and Fox .19 and prop. I glued the leadouts where the plans said so The balance has to be close. I think it may be a bit nose heavy.
 I counted 16 planes ready to fly at the school. Three more to finish up next time there and it's wait for good weather. Another student is going to finish the last plane to be built. He may get the fever.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

I got a single channle wifi router with my HVAC controller that I'm not going to use. I'll send it to you. If you run a cable downstairs and plug it in, it should eliminate the transmission problems.