Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Two more ready to fly.

I had to change the trim tape as the stuff on the stab bled under and created a mess. I stripped the paint with acetone and a rag. Gone in 60 seconds. That's a nice thing about Monokote. I applied two coats of Chevy engine red to the wings and stab. I installed the engine, tank and muffler and put it on the scale. 50.0 ounces without tip weight. The plans I enlarged from the magazine show the c/g around 2.5 inches and the web site says 4-1/8" The actual c/g is between those so it must be good.
  The Bearcat weighs 49.5 ounces with a Higley Heavy Hub on the engine for balance. I made the outboard fixed aileron piece into an adjustable trim tab. It wasn't an easy kit to build.
  We still have 6 inches of snow on the ground and temps well below freezing so that should give the paint a chance to out gas.

No comments: