Saturday, November 22, 2014

Building season.

After deciding on a plaint scheme for the P-40B I ordered some covering from Tower and finished covering it yesterday. I had to install the elevator before I could install the fin/rudder. This morning I masked off the primer grey that will double as the underside color and put fillets around the fin. I warmed the plane in an empty room and the paint was warmed by the furnace exhaust pipes. I applied three coats of white to the fuselage within the one hour window the paint allows. I was going to hit it with clear before the hour but I have to apply some stars and decals and wanted to clear over them. I have to wait until the white is dry before putting the decals on and at least a week before spraying the clear. I'll wait at least two weeks as the paint must cure thoroughly or it will wrinkle.

No comments: