Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Half done.

 After school this morning I went to Lowes and bought two lengths of 1 inch EMT and 4 caps for the PVC pipe and two 50 lb. bags of cement mix. I got to thinking about the EMT and as I was digging the holes I changed my mind and went to the lumber store and bought a 10 foot pressure treated 4 x 4 and a 10 foot 2 x 4. I cut the 4 x 4 and the 2 x 4 in half and put a coat of paint on the ends of the 4 x 4's that would be in the ground as an added measure. After putting the first 4 x 4 in the hole and pouring both bags of cement in the hole and not filling it I went back to Lowes and returned the pipes and caps and bought 3 more bags of cement. It took 2 and a half bags to fill each hole and the concrete is curing now. I covered it with leaves and plastic to keep it from freezing. I was planning on getting some long lag bolts at Lowes but forgot. After the 2 x 4's dry out I'll sand them and paint them before installation.

No comments: