Monday, November 3, 2014

Close but no cigar.

We headed for Louisiana a few weeks ago. The trip and weather were perfect. The contest brought in several heavy hitters but I almost got a third place in warbird stunt. I missed it by one point. I got two gallons of fuel and and a bunch of other stuff in the raffle. Plus three containers of food that was left over.
  I have been taking the planes that were left at the school from last years class. I got some of the left overs from two years ago today. I wasn't there for that build.
 The school did get me two kits for helping out. A profile of the P-40B and a stunter that is from the "classic" era called the Gypsy. Both will be powered by the .46LA. The P-40 is framed up and almost ready to start finishing.
 I did some trimming to the Privateer and that is flying pretty well.
I talked to a roofer about fixing the garage roof. I want to take 4 feet of shingles off the eves and replace the boards with plywood and re shingle. He should be getting back with a price soon. The last people that shingled the roof broke some boards and that is causing problems.
 I had another bite on the hot rod after we got home. That guy asked about getting spare parts for the body now that Minotti is out of business. I never thought of that. It soured the sale.The El Camino is running well.

No comments: