Monday, August 7, 2017

A find, maybe.

We went to the park this morning and I flew the Shark and the metal tank. It worked very well and held more than enough fuel.
  The Wildcat I built a few months ago has a problem on some corners. It will stall and fall out of the air coming close to crashing. One of the guys noticed the push rod was floppy so I added a stiffener but that only helped a little bit. Today I took it down and checked the alignment of the wing to the stabilizer. It was off. I considered cutting the stab out and setting it level with the wing for a while. I dove into it and cut the stab loose and sanded some clearance so I could shim it to where it needs to be. Anyway I got it where it should be and the fillet stuff is curing and I need to paint the repair area in a day or so.
  In one far corner of the property some of the neighbor's ground cover plants have migrated through the fence and covered a small area. I tried weed killer from Tractor Supply to no avail. Round Up didn't do anything either. I ended up covering the patch to keep out any sunlight which killed the patch. I went in and ripped out most of the vines and roots cutting the branches that went through the fence. I used a potato digger/clam rake to get more roots out and when the new carb. for the tiny tiller comes in I'll really chew the ground up. If it has enough power.The area there will be a good spot for a tiny raised bed garden which is what was there in the first place.

No comments: