Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Adding to success.

I went to the park this morning but the mower was mowing in the spots where I fly. All three of them. I poked around trying to find the glow plug that blew out of the engine but didn't come up with it.
  As I was doodling a side view of a model I drew a nose wheel on it. Then it occurred to me that the newest Nomad was prime for a nose wheel conversion. I've had good results adding nose wheels to other models so why not. After a bit of measuring and bending and drilling the new nose wheel was installed. I had to remove the main gear and switch it side to side as it's bent forward and now it's bent aft allowing the plane to sit on three wheels. I'll give it a try in the morning. The scratch built electric powered Pathfinder should be a three wheel plane but I made it a tail dragger instead. If this works out with the Nomad I'll put a nose wheel on it also.

No comments: