Thursday, August 3, 2017

A nose wheel.

The Shark 665 has always tipped up on it's nose when landing on grass. When I built the wing I put the landing gear behind the spar instead if in front of it. That makes it nose heavy on landing. Today I finally put the fix to it with a nose wheel. The original Shark 560 was designed for three wheels but I took the nose wheel off and went with just main gear. After crashing the Shark 610 and building a new fuselage I installed fuselage mounted aluminum landing gear and that is working very well as it's located at the wing leading edge. This will be the first time it flys with the nose wheel and should stay upright on landing.
  Flying in the morning has one problem, the grass is wet and my shoes get wet and so my feet. I ordered a pair of rubbers that are small enough that I can wear them as shoes. I got a pair of flip flops big enough to fill the inside of the rubbers and trimmed them to fit. The flips act as an insert and cushion and fill the space so I can walk without the rubbers flopping  around.

No comments: