Sunday, July 30, 2017

Finally got some.

I spotted an ad on a forum for parts that fit my Evo .60 engine. It's not being made anymore so parts are hard to come by. They arrived yesterday and I found the spray bar would fit the ASP .52 so I swapped it with the one I got from the machine shop that made the venturi for it. I'll give it a test flight in the morning.
   I built a plane a few years ago and it wouldn't fly right. I put it aside for a while and tried it again with the same results. I put it aside again and yesterday I installed an engine and set the controls to level. I flew it this morning and it flew quite well. I'll try it again in the morning. I may have to refinish it some day.
  My son sent the transmission from the SRT-10 Ram to be rebuilt and he has been collecting new parts to put it back in the truck. Yesterday he got the rear main seal, new flywheel, clutch disc and pressure plate installed. By the time I arrived it was time to put the transmission in. Using a floor jack to support it we guided it into place. After everything was bolted into place he started the engine and shifted into gear a few times and took it for a test ride. To the beer store. This particular truck has the V-10 engine from the Viper in it. Dodge made them for three years, 04, 05, 06.

No comments: