Monday, July 10, 2017

Was a good day to fly, but...

The other day the low tire pressure light came on. It has lit up twice before several months apart so I just added air and went on my way. Today I had to get to the VA for a blood test at 0700. I knew the traffic would be horrific so I left at 0600. A 15 minute trip. I got out on the street and the tire light came on again. I figured I would get some air at the gas station so I pulled in and the air pump wants 4 quarters which I didn't have so I went inside. There was a line at both registers so I left and went home and put air in the tire. Luckily the traffic wasn't slowed by accidents or volume so I made it in 15 minutes. I was second in line. At home I removed the tire and found a dry wall screw near the edge of the tread and pointing towards the side wall. I was concerned. I went to the tire store and they wouldn't repair it because of the side wall so I ended up buying a new tire, store brand. By the time I got it reinstalled on the car the sun was too strong to go flying.
   In the shop I thought about the engine in the Strega and how I read about it on one of the forums. Someone mentioned that the Aviastar .61 and the Evo .60 were  bolt in swaps. So rather than trouble shoot the Aviastar some more I removed it and installed the Evolution. I should put the Aviastar on a board and run it some.

No comments: