Tuesday, July 4, 2017

All together now.

I finished putting the Strega back together today. It weighs just about the same as it did before. I was hoping for  less but I put some stronger things in and That added weight aft of the c/g which made me use a heavier muffler to get the balance where it was before which brought the weight back to where it was. I got out a set of lines for it,64 feet long with a 65 foot set in the wings. I have a 68 foot set I could use also. Possibly in the morning I'll give it a try. May be happy, may be sad I don't know.  We went to the park this morning and it had been mowed. I brought the Shark 665 with the Evo .52 and a muffler from the ASP .52. That went well but on the second landing the left main gear collapsed. That took a few hours to put back together. It had broken before so I made a larger hole so I could get at it better. It should be fine from now on.

No comments: