Tuesday, July 11, 2017

It worked.

After changing engines on the Strega I made a one turn adjustment to the elevator push rod. After having breakfast in Livingston I packed up and went to the park. The grass hasn't been cut this week but I found a place to use. I fired up the Strega for a short test flight and it flew quite well and the engine ran very well. I made a second flight with it and got in a full pattern. Removing the vertical stabilizer (fin and rudder) and going with the tip fins has a down side. The plane wiggles during some of the maneuvers. I'm not going to fly it in competition so what the heck. The push rod change evened out the up and down control. Before I had more down than up control.
  Back at the shop I looked at the Shark 665 with the new Evo .52 engine. I removed it and installed the Aviastar .61. Luckily the Evolution engines, .53 and .61 and the Aviastar have the same mounting bolt holes and can be swapped around easily. I ran the Aviastar to get the rpm's close and will take it to the park, probably tomorrow.
  The water in the ditch wasn't too high from yesterday's storms so I was able to get the lawn mowed before noon and the afternoon rain storms.

No comments: