Tuesday, May 1, 2018

What a day this was.

I had trouble with the yearly auto inspection on the truck. The backup lights are out and I couldn't find the switch that controls things. I wasn't able to get it inspected and there was a problem with the windshield. Today after flying I went to an inspection station near the park. I figured they did repairs and asked if it was possible to have them fix the lights and do the inspection. He said he could work with me on the lights and proceeded with the inspection. They don't do repairs as I found out later. But they do sell vegetables in season. As I was looking for information and not expecting to get the inspection I didn't have enough money to pay for the procedure. I zipped home and got the money, zipped back and settled the bill. I figured that while I was in the mood I would bring the El Camino. It was running on all 8 and there was 2 car ahead of me when I arrived. I shut it off and waited for my turn. When that came the tester took the keys and the battery was dying fast. He had to get a jumper box and it started right up and he completed the inspection and without shutting the car off I got home and put it away. The date on the battery is from 2002. I got my moneys worth.
 Then we figured we would go shooting as the Ruger .22 was back from repair and needed testing. The gun was jamming just like before. We went to the desk and the head person took it and did some magic to it and we went back to the range with the store's ammo. It still jammed. Another employee tried it and it jammed. Then the boss came and tried it. It didn't jam as much for him but it did jam. We are getting a refund and will buy a better (hopefully) gun. It's all packed into it's original box with all the things that came with it. We must have put 200 rounds through it during the testing. That episode took over 2 hours. We got home in time to eat early as the wife had a date to go to church with a friend. Well, that fell through when the friend didn't show up on time and said she was at a doctors or something.  I still have to make an appointment to get the backup light switch changed.

No comments: