Saturday, May 12, 2018

A big surprise.

I started building the Super Chief and today I was in the shed and heard a motorcycle near by. I looked out the window and in drove my old Harley Davidson FX. I gave it to our son and it's been sitting for several years at his house.He had bought a lot of parts for it and planned on restoring it one day. He's been working it for a couple months or so and got it running a few weeks ago. Today he rode it here after cleaning it up. It looks better than when I had it. He installed a new clutch and dry sump primary, a new oil pump, new front tire, a lot of hose and brake lines, rebuilt the brake cylinders and calipers, new wiring and headlight bucket. After 40 years I finally read the label on the handle bars near the front brake. It says to use Dot 5 brake fluid only. I used Dot 3. The fluid reacted and turned to a dry mushy stuff. They all work fine now.

No comments: