Tuesday, May 1, 2018

And the winner is....

I have decided on using the Nomad 5 for the profile and regular stunt events. The Gypsy for classic and the P-39 for war bird. That will get me more flying time for the Nomad, 4 flights to get it right instead of two.
  I've been taking the Nomad to the park every day plus rotating the other two. Yesterday after flying the Nomad I got the Gypsy and found the leadout slider had broken loose. I had to fix it before flying so I went home. I hope to try it today.
  I've been thinking about stripping the Gypsy and re finishing it as the old finish is in bad shape. I used Dupli-Color white and I've found that it crazes after a year or so. The covering on the wing and tail is pretty bad also. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lloi0LXtk

I gave my old Harley FX to my son several years ago. He has been thinking about restoring it for several years also and lately he got into it. He has a bunch of You Tube video's on the things he has done to the bike. Today he took it out for a short ride for the first time.

No comments: