Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Neither rain nor snow.....

Al Gore is an asshole. 20 degrees below normal and rainy here.
I went to the dog track during a lull in the rain and had to wear a coat. 3 flights and the Fox .45 ran 7 minutes 22 seconds on 4.3 ounces of fuel or 135 cc's I didn't expect that brute to be fuel efficient.I counted 50 laps after finishing the 300 point expert pattern. I put a four ounce tank on and twiddled with the elevator neutral setting as it still turns harder with down elevator. I may trim the outboard flap and make a tab out of it.
I met up with Dave Miller and bought a gallon of methanol from him. I mixed up a quart of fuel and will test it in the morning. What time depends on how much noise the people across the street make tonight. I put 7 ounces of oil, 1 ounce of 20% nitro fuel and the rest methanol. I figure 22% oil and a tad of nitro. Less than 10 dollars a gallon if it works.

No comments: