Wednesday, June 24, 2009

House cleaning.

Probate on my Mothers house is complete and my brother got re married and moved in with his wife at her place. My older brother and I have been cleaning the place and the grounds for a week now with good results. I washed the siding with TSP and bleach, helped fill a ten yard dumpster, raked the leaves from the foundation and helped remove limbs trimmed from the trees. My wife and I are washing the interior and removing whats left of the furnishings. Some little things are getting adjusted and painted and swept and vacuumed. I should end it today. There are wires going to the garage that need fixing/removing and I'll look into that. Lots of poison ivy that needs killing but the rain has delayed that project for a month now. I had to use lacquer thinner to remove a bunch of deck paint over spray on the vinyl siding. That took 2 hours and removed most of it. We may have to have a well drilled in order for a buyer to get a bank loan but we will see.
I have the replacement wing for the green Ringmaster finished and boxed up. I put it in a box and then put that box in a bigger box. Nicely padded too. Then I used Elmer's carpenter glue and glued all the flaps down. I added Scotch packing tape to insure everything holds together. The outside box is from Year One and is double wall and very strong. We will see if it's Fedex strong soon.
No flying lately as the wind and rain really kicked in around here. The rest of the country is roasting and I'm freezing and wet and windy. Thanks Al, you asshole.
I think I mentioned that I brought all the trim and weather stripping to the body shop so it can be installed properly. When we pick the car up it will be just about complete on the outside. Just the upholstery to go.

No comments: