Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The oldest plane.

I mowed the lawn this morning after sending the wing to LA. Fedex again.
I had redied the P-51 the other day and took it to the dog track this afternoon. The muffler came loose and fell off on the first flight. The engine didn't run right either and I found the mounts loose. Second flight the stoodge didn't release and I stood at the ready until the fuel ran out. The line came off the release pin. I tightened everything up and got in a third flight. The engine still didn't run right but the plane flew very well. I haven't flown this plane in 2 years. Even then it only has 3 or 4 flights on it. I have changed engines several times and bench trimmed it more than once finally setting it to the plans. It turns corners better than the Primary Force and turns harder up than down which is opposite of the other planes. I may take this one to the Wrentham contest next week.
I also bought some weed killer and sprayed the grass in the cracks at my flying circle. I did about a quarter of the circle and will work at it each time I go.

No comments: