Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Same old crap.

It started raining around 6 am today and hasn't stopped. It's been one thunderstorm after another for 6 hours now. Not the first time this has happened but it don't happen often here.
The sun made the covering on the P-51 wing sag yesterday and I had to put the heat gun to it. I tested the new engine mounts and fuel tank this morning. I had to put a drop of armorall in the fuel to stop the bubbles. Straight methanol and 25% castor with a 11.5 x 4 APC prop. It ran 6 minutes on 90 cc's of this brew. Right around 10,000 rpm. I'll give it a try if the rain stops.
It looks like the contest next week is in conflict with the fireworks in Groton.
When I shipped the wing yesterday the clerk said she had got a letter from UPS about my claim and that it had been denied. I figured I would get a letter too but nothing so far. I called and asked the clerk to hold on to the letter and I would stop by and get a copy.

No comments: