Sunday, July 5, 2009

Morning sun was shining like a red rubber ball.

For the first time since Memorial day, and maybe earlier, the sun was visable at sunrise. No clouds to cover it. The sun was out all day. We met up with the Woods and ended up at Gallilee RI for lunch. A real good day for a change.
I flew the P-51 after the repairs and it went well. I did the full pattern for the first time with it. I hope to get in some flights today. Looks like the next contest for me will be Lee, MA in a month or so.
The hot rod is not running right. It has a stumble just off idle. I figure it's carb related and will have a look at it soon.Maybe been sitting too long or water in the fuel. Could be the accelerator pump too.
I drove a Corvette for the first time yesterday. A fuel injected 62, 4 speed. It's a small car. I had trouble finding first gear and the gas pedal was in a bad place. I didn't hit anything though.

No comments: