Sunday, July 26, 2009

I went to the Fair.

I had the idea that using 20% nitro fuel to make my blend of fuel would be more cost effective. I mixed a batch of 2.5% fuel using the 20% car fuel I had been given a while back. It runs as good as the mix I'm using so I figure a gallon of 20% will get me 8 or more gallons of 2.5% fuel.
An old friend of mine from the Oneco days plays in a bluegrass band. I didn't know about it until a couple years ago. I finally got the chance to see him play today. The band was at the Foster, RI fair. I spent the afternoon there and the band is pretty good. I don't know when he learned to play the flat top or where. I checked the web site, Pine Creek Bluegrass, and their next gig isn't posted yet.
I've been using an electric prop on my OS .25 with good results. It's quieter and more efficient. I broke it this morning at the bottom of the hourglass maneuver. All the experts said it would fly apart from the pulses of the engine. The experts are not that bright. Probably the same ones that predict the economy.

1 comment: