Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Bike.

Roy got the loan to buy Richard's bike yesterday. Now there are papers to sign before getting the money. He may pick the bike up today or tomorrow. He also may have to wear foot protection of some kind, shower clogs, as this bike has pegs and not floor boards.
I finally figured that the glow plugs I'm using don't work well with the high oil fuel I'm using. I'm dropping down to 22% oil until I get some good plugs. Just one inverted landing lately. The sun and winds are playing havoc with me at the dog track. The thermals coming off the asphalt knock the plane all over the place. The wind feels like it's coming from one direction but the plane doesn't get more pull down wind or less up wind. I'm getting a lot of level flight practice. That might explain why I haven't crashed in a few weeks.
The engine that was on the P-51 got sent to Fox as a trade-in for a new one. I found a crack in the block just above the right side bolt lug. It went through to the inside so I traded it in at 50% list price. This is the third trade in I've done. It's going to be cloudy today so the air should be steadier.

No comments: