Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flying in the rain.

I went to the dog track a tad later than I wanted to because I was changing engines on one of my scratch builts. I flew the Primary Force once and brought out the other plane. Fox .35 with a hemi kit. It ws too fast and on the second flight I got it slower but the thunderstorm started long before the fuel ran out. I was thinking on a high speed landing and driving the prop into the pavement or if lightning was too close letting go of the handle and running for the car. The engine finally quit and we stuffed everything into the car and left. It's still raining and thundering 2 hours later. I had to re heat the wing to remove a warp and I put another shim under the head to tame the engine more. The hemi kit makes a brute out of the .35. Fast 4 cycle at 9600 rpm. Without the kit it would be 8500. I wanted to test the wing but the rain is not going away.

No comments: