Monday, July 6, 2009

Down to ten.

The weather was quite nice today and the wind was light. I packed up the P-51 and headed for the dog track. I also brought some weed killer to spray on the grass growing through the cracks in the asphalt. First flight I got to the square 8 and in the inverted portion I tweaked the up line and roofed the plane again. The tail broke off this time along with 8 inches of fuse. The left wing broke at the fuse. joint too. The plastic spinner saved the engine from damage but did bend the needle valve when it broke. After taking the usable parts off and scrapping the rest I brought back the Primary Force/ OS .25. I got in two flights with it with no complications. I have a second kit built Primary Force to go after this one then the Ringmaster 576 then 4 planes with flaps and the Magician. I think I'll go with ARF's instead of kits or scratch building from now on. They are cheaper and well built.
The owner of the body shop that's painting the El Camino called and said the upholsterers want $900.00 to do the seat. That's a lot more than I expected but I have no choice. It should be done in a couple of weeks. The seat that is. I have to get the carpet to the shop before the seat comes back so I don't have to remove the seat to install the carpet.
I took the hot rod to coffee and to an ice cream shop in Preston. It's running like always again.
The Saturn passed the emissions test this morning. We got the check engine light turned off and the computer reset last Fri. I was hoping it wouldn't come back on before it got re tested. Disconnect the battery for two minutes is all that needs to be done to reset the computer.

No comments: