Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Interior light to go.

I went right to work on the car this morning. I got the sail panels installed first as I figured they would be the hardest. I was right. I had punched holes for the shoulder belt bolts and they were right on but the screw holes for the belt clip were not to be found. I diddled with it for a while then, with the panel in place I drilled new holes and finished the job. The original mirror went in without a hitch. The visors can't be switched side to side. They droop when retracted if not in the right place. The 'A' pillar covers gave me a bit of trouble but I found the proper holes and after banging them into position they got installed. I figured on installing a port for the GPS by putting it into the cigar lighter hole. The port is bigger and wouldn't fit. After putting that back together I mounted it under the dash using the supplied bracket and a screw from the ash tray. I had a wire going to the battery and tapped into it for the power. I removed the bow tie emblem from the grill and installed the SS emblem in it's place. I got a piece of gas hose from NAPA and put the tank filler neck back together. I siphoned the gas back into the tank while I was working on the interior. I need to get some small shrink tube before installing the dome light.
I went for a ride and made some abnormal right hand turns to test the tank repair. I didn't smell gas and couldn't see any leaks when I got home.
I washed the car and dried it and put another coat of wax on it.Were ready for the car show.
I read over the instructions for the GPS and can't seem to be able to get the speed to read while it's navigating. There must be a way to go between pages and not loose the route but I can't figure it out.

No comments: