Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On schedule.

We went to the dog track yesterday morning and I got in two flights. The sun was bright and the wind light. The sun was heating the asphalt and creating thermals and the breeze carried other thermals through the circle making for some loose line moments.
I went to the local plumbing store to buy a tubing cutter. I checked on line and saw prices in the $40.00 range for a 2 inch cutter. The store had one on the shelf up to 2 1/2 inches. A Lenox brand. I knew I was in trouble. After tax $89.30. I had mentioned that I was only making one cut so the clerk gave me a loaner. I have to return it shortly.
Around 4 pm I got the call that the car was ready. We hurried to Niantic and hurried back so I could start on the gas tank. I drained the gas and unhooked the tank and dropped it to the floor. Not without getting some gas on me. I went in to eat and the UPS truck pulled in with the SS emblem. After eating I cut the end off the tank and put it back up. I have to get a piece of hose to connect the old to the new and put the gas back in. I also found a vent line I had blocked was leaking so I put another clamp on it. I'm going to start on the last items soon. The visors, mirror, sail panels, dome light. That should finish it.

No comments: