Thursday, September 3, 2009

So far so good.

The state is paving Rte. 14 from the RI line to the Plainfield/Sterling line. I guess it's easier or costlier to re pave a portion of a smooth road than a portion of a rough broken up road. My stimulus at work, accomplishing nothing. As W.C Fields said "there's an Ethiopian in the fuel supply".
I brought the twister to the dog track with the Snow Fox. The Fox is flying pretty good and doing a recognizable pattern. The twister is still having engine break in pains but is flying better each time. It really cuts a sharp corner and is quite stable in level flight. Once the engine settles down it should be the best of the pair.
I mowed the lawn while waiting for the hot rod radiator to settle in after putting on a new bottom hose. The person at NAPA said that if you tighten the clamp too much the rubber will harden and start leaking when cold. I didn't over tighten the new hose and so far it hasn't leaked. I soaked it in hot water to make it more flexible before putting it on the car. I also coated both pieces with some rubber lube that followed me home after scrapping it from work.. It's some kind of silicone Mil-Spec stuff.

No comments: