Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wrong bolt pattern.

I took the spare out of the car and gunked it down and put Super Clean on the rubber. I saw many cracks in the tire and figured to get another,better one. I called Richard's and he has one from an Astro. I went and got it and before cleaning it I tried to put it on the El Camino. 5 on 5 bolt circle. The car is 5 on 4-3/4. Fidden dit. Any way I got to use the sissor jack and got the tire off the ground after a fashion. I drained the hot rod radiator and removed the lower hose. NAPA ordered one for tomorrow. I used a mirror and couldn't see any cracks in the lower neck.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Still have any of the red wheels that came with it?

Qu'que chose said...

Yup, all four. I'm using the only one that still holds air but the tire is cracked pretty bad. Looks like I get another tire and have it installed.