Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just about finished.

I stopped by the Radio Shack and got some shrink tube then stopped at NAPA and got an air filter for the El Camino. I put the interior light in and it wouldn't work. I removed the bulb and put a flashlight in the glove box. I took the lug wrench from the hot rod and put that in the car also. Spare tire pressure is still good.
The wind died down by noon so I packed two planes and headed for the dog track. I've been having strange runs with the Fox .40's that have the new venturi and needle valve. The OS .40's just chug along nicely. I measured the venturi on the fox and the carb. opening on the OS. I measured the needle valve dia. and figured the area of the venturi opening that was left. The Fox is a lot less than the OS. I did some figuring and drilled the venturi to bring it closer to the OS area. Not quite the same but closer. I ran the engine and it held the setting pretty good but they all run good on the ground. It gets one lap and leans out to 4.5 sec. laps. We will see what this mod. does to the runs.
Someone stopped by and asked about the dog track for flying. I gave him what I know and maybe he will be back. He used to fly c/l but an operation on his ears makes him dizzy real easy. He is into r/c now.
One of the c/l forums has started stunt blogs. I signed up and can't get to do anything. Something is amiss.

No comments: