Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Morning flights.

After breakfast we went to the dog track with the plan to beat the forecast winds. It worked. I got in 3 flights and the Fox .40 ran quite well. There wasn't any turbulence and the winds were very light and steady blowing away from the sun. Before we left for the track I shook the fuel container and the fuel foamed up. I put in another drop of armor all and that may have been the reason for the good engine runs. As I was wiping the oil off the rudder it pulled off the fin. Not a problem and I glued it back on.
I went to Lowe's in Danielson looking for a new vacuum hose. I found one and an attachment and a filter that I didn't need as there was a new on it already. I have a spare. I also got some epoxy that mixes as it goes down the applicator tube and some spray glue for sheeting foam wings. Then I had words with the self checkout machine. There wasn't any regular checkouts available.
I hooked up the mowers and cut the grass for the first time too. It needed it.
The mail just came and I think the package he put in the box is the new head buttons for the Fox .40's. I may have cut too much off the others.

No comments: