Thursday, April 15, 2010

More testing.

I got in two flights with the batteries hooked to the plug. Same fuel load, 3.5 ounces, and got 6 min 39 secs. of run time on each flight. That's 1 min 54 secs./ounce. Pretty good I think. I think I'll make up another holder and install it on the orange Primary Force as it needs a fuel mileage increase. That will be a good test too. The short runs cost me first place at Baton Rouge last October. That's a good project for today as the winds are supposed to be strong. The other Fox got a head shim and it flew much better. I got in a full pattern for the first time with the plane. I've noticed that adding a drop of armor all to the fuel stops it from foaming. But the drop only lasts for a day or so. Now when I go out to fly I shake the fuel and if it foams I add another drop. I've had to add a drop each session and the engine runs are better. I only take a quart with me and have to refill the jug each time out so it will foam up without the armor all.
That Cherokee looked good, any word on it?

3 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Nope. No reply. There's another with a bad motor for $300. I'm going to give him a call Monday.

Perry Rose said...

That will make a good tow vehicle too.

2Evil4U said...

Got all the plane stuff and music as well.