Thursday, April 8, 2010

Test went OK.

I flew the engine with the stock head button this morning. It started up with one back flip and I had to lean it out a quarter turn. Probably because of the increased compression. The winds were strange, many directions and from calm to 10 mph. Hard to place maneuvers down wind.
I dragged out a small ringmaster with an .049 on it. I flushed the tank and spray bar with alcohol and needed the starter to get it going. It ran pretty good. I made up a set of lines at 48 feet long. I don't know if that length is optimum but I do know it's too long if anything.
I'm surprised that the box arrived in less than 3 days. Everything I send from the Moosup P.O. takes 4 or 5 days at least. I priced the postage on the USPS web site and it was over $30.00. I paid close to half that with insurance. And the hours are better than Moosup. And on the way to Lizzy B's.

No comments: