Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Even m ore progress.

Plan 'A' was to install the Edelbrock carb. on the El Camino and be done with it. Well Plan 'B' sounded better as there was nothing wrong with the set up on the hot rod. So I removed the 750 Holley from the hot rod and installed the Edelbrock. Then I installed the 750 on the El Camino. The hot rod ran well and the El Camino did not. So back to plan 'A' this morning. I removed the electric choke carb. that I put back on the El Camino last night and removed theEdelbrock from the hot rod. I put the 750 back on the hot rod and the Edelbrock on the El Camino. I already had installed the hand choke cable so it wasn't much of a problem to swap carbs. The El Camino started right up and idled without stalling and I put the high idle screw back where it was in the first place. I'll give it a run if it ever stops raining.

No comments: