Friday, June 29, 2012

Cheap trailer.

I mow the field on Friday now. I started getting ready and it started to rain as I got to Cozy Corner restrant. and I went back home. I went back to removing the aluminum from the trailer sides and roof. Around 1000 I went to the field again and this time the town garage gate was closed so I went to the usual gate and found it locked wrong and I couldn't get in. I went back to the trailer. The sun came out but the grass was wet so I kept stripping the trailer. I loaded all the aluminum and steel from the trailer onto the Dodge. Then I chain falled the original El Camino engine on board along with all the other junk I had been saving. I went to the scrap yard and found I had to remove all the metal myself. One worker helped me roll the engine off. The iron went in one pile and the aluminum went to a small scale. I ended up with $114.00 for my troubles so the trailer so far cost $22.00. I went to the field as today is dump day and the gate is opened at noon. I got the field mowed and then loaded up all the wood and crap to take to the town re cycle center tomorrow. I was going to take it next Wed. but that is July 4.
  I built a plane for grandson and hope to test fly it tonight. I'll bring the Flite Streak for him to fly and I'll let him fly the new one if it flys good.

No comments: