Thursday, June 28, 2012

Trailer trash.

I've kept an eye out for something to make a utility trailer out of for quite some time now. The across the street neighbor works at Winco Scrap metal downtown. I mentioned the trailer to him and that a pop up camper would make the best trailer as all the stuff is there. He said there was one and I stopped to look at it. Pretty ratty but very usable. I paid $136. for it and brought it home today. After 4 hours of work I got the camper down to just the floor. I stripped all the aluminum from the wood and have the roof to go then I'll take that back to the scrap yard and sell it back to them. All the wood and cushions will go to the bulky waste site on Wed. The tires are good too and it has springs. Of course I will have to wire the lights. I hope to use what it had with it but I may not be able to.  It had a plastic water tank that can be used as a gas can. It must hold 15 gallons. The plywood floor is screwed to the frame but I can't find the screws. I have the wrecking bar standing by.

No comments: