Thursday, March 6, 2014

A surprise. I messed up the sequence here.

 I was looking for something upstairs yesterday and saw one of the old Futaba radios we first used to fly pattern with. Channel 48. The receiver was there so I brought it down and checked the battery and put it on the charger. This thing has been sitting for 20 years or better. After an overnight charge the voltage was over 11V. Still good. I took the tiny servos out of the micro telemaster and put the s-48's in. Not much room but they fit along with the receiver. I had a charged flight battery and we headed for the dump. On the first take off attempt the nose weight came off and hit the prop which came loose and took off the cowl extensions or cheeks. A few adjustments and the second attempt saw the prop zing off between the cab and box of the truck. The prop wouldn't stay on at all. It's held on with an 'O'-ring. We went home. I installed a wood Zinger 8 x 5.
  Cabin fever is getting worse by the way.


No comments: