Thursday, March 27, 2014

Almost a flying day.

With the temp. near 30 degrees this morning I packed up the Ringmaster 576 and heated some water and headed to the field. I had removed the engine from the Ringmaster and swapped it into the Legacy and it was a good thing I did. The new .46LA ran awful. I got in one flight and came home. I tied the plane down and ran 4 tanks of my fuel through it. I didn't like the way it was acting and removed the needle valve asm. and installed another. I enlarged the hole a bit and ran a couple more tanks through it  and it ran more to my liking. Hot starts by hand are coming along and it runs the tank out at a steady rpm. Maybe I'll get out again this weekend.
 I was putting the 200 foot tape measure back in the garage and something bumped near by. Nothing should have bumped as I was alone and the bump was from an unusual place. I looked around and saw nothing at first the there was movement inside the El Camino. A squirrel got inside through the open drivers side window and was trying to get out through the closed passenger side window. I went to the right side and the culprit egresses through the open window. I shut the window. Now that I think about it I'll check for a nest.

No comments: