Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good first flight.

  My son and I went to the local high school track/football field this morning with the Legacy 40 I built over the winter. I had a brand new engine in the plane and then smartened up and put an old one that I'm confident with in. After some hot water warming it started right up and ran very well for the 3 ounces I put in the tank. Aaron and I both liked the way it looked in the air and I liked the way it handled. Especially the part about not quitting when inverted. Aaron says the outboard wing is very slightly high upright and inverted. Maybe a bit more inverted than upright. Anyway I'll put a bit more tip weight in for the next test session. I am surprised about how much pull the plane has with the LA .46/APC 11.5 x 4. A real good start. Tip weight, wider handle spacing and lower the tank a bit for the next time.

No comments: