Saturday, June 21, 2014

Almost limbo.

 Today we head for Wrentham, Ma to get rid of a couple planes and fill the truck with less expensive gas. I believe the fly in starts around noon so I plan to get there about that time.
  I played my first horseshoe games Thurs. evening pitching from the 30 foot line. Women, kids and 70's men can move up to that line if they want. As I can't do any good from 40 feet I had to move up. Our opponent was the second best pitcher in the league and we managed to win two of the three games. After pitching so poorly for several years I was demoted to what we call the "B" player. As such I play against the other bad pitchers. I've been practicing a lot to get muscle memory and I'm getting pretty good here at home.
  I managed to fix the club mower with a new starter. The winds have been waiting for me to arrive with a plane again. I got in one decent flight yesterday and the second got a couple maneuvers in when things got too bad to continue. Good winds are forecast for the next 3 days.
  The 14 inch tires are still here and will be discarded as soon as no one is looking. Same with the Mustang rear window glass.
  We have a beam in the basement that looks kinda bad and I just figured a way to fix it.

No comments: