Wednesday, June 25, 2014

26 gallons of fuel on the wall.

 Last Saturday we went to Wrentham, Ma. and donated 4 planes to their club. I stopped at the Hess station and got some cheaper gas on the way home.
 I started flying the Polynesian again. I had to go back to the original settings I had on it's first flight. I'm happy that I did as there were too many trim things added that said the plane was built crooked. Now the controls are where they should be for a straight plane. I'm still working on getting line tension on outside maneuvers especially the square parts. I had removed 0.4 ounces from the outboard wing tip and that made things a bit worse so I put it back in this morning. I also tweaked the leadout location a bit. The Super Tiger .60 ran good on 5% nitro during the cold weather but not so good in warm weather. I went to 10% and things worked better. I should try that with the Evo .60 as it vibrates more on 5% in warm weather.
 The .60 size engines use 5 ounces for the pattern vs. the .46's using 3.5. I've gone through another gallon.

No comments: