Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The wait begins.

This morning I took pickup load number 4 to the dump. Things are settling down a bit now.
 I removed all the shrouds from the broken mower and found the starter pinion gear jammed into the engine flywheel. I found a replacement on Amazon and ordered it.
  I bought a small bag of Quick Krete and patched up the front and side steps and a couple other spots that needed attention.
  Saturday I'll go to Wrentham and give 4 planes away. That will bring me down to 9 left. Not counting the 2 r/c planes. I flew the newest one that the school bought and it's a good flyer. It's the Apprentice-S from Horizon Hobbies. lots of stabilization things on it, all through the radio. Electric powered and comes with everything needed to get it into the air. $299.00. Not a small plane either.
  I have two 14 inch tires on the lawn free but only one looker. Not too many cars with 14 inch tires anymore.
  I've been able to get in some flying as the chores are tapering off. I also changed my horseshoe pitching style. Being at the age that in the rules you are allowed to stand 10 feet closer to the stake I moved up. Not as easy as I figured but I found a pitch that works. Much better ringer percentage. I'm not the team leader this season but if I pitch much better I'll be moved back up.

No comments: