Monday, June 9, 2014

No backup lights.

  I've gotten the Bearcat flying pretty good. I added two turns of down elevator to the push rod and an APC 12.25 x 3.75 to replace the APC 12 x 4 and two more prop washers under the heavy hub. After that session I added another turn and a half of down elevator. I'd like to test that soon but were waiting for the realtor to show up at the moment.
 I did some cleaning out of the overhang and there's another full pick up load of stuff ready to be loaded.
 Yesterday we were about to go for a ride in the hot rod when my wife said the back up lights aren't working. I checked and sure enough the stop lights were out. Both sides, which didn't sound right. We changed to the El Camino and went anyway. When we got home daughter and family had arrived a few minutes before we did. Son in law and I got busy on the lights and found that the ground wasn't good anymore. After some fiddling we got them working properly. The third brake light was working which I can see in the mirror so I figured the others worked also. They probably haven't been working right for some time.

No comments: