Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Rain delay.

It started raining around 0830. I spent the day fixing things on the planes. I removed the 4 ounce tank from the Hound Dog and installed a 6 ounce tank in it's place. I didn't think it would fit. Now I have enough capacity to run higher nitro fuels. I made a 5 ounce metal tank in case the plastic one don't work out. I leak tested all the engines and found a few that needed to be sealed. On the Shark 665 I removed the venturi and installed one a bit larger. Then I took out the raffle prize Strega and started to strip the covering off it. It's coming off kinda easy but not too easy. There is a few holes that need fixing from when I straightened out the controls. I may cut some things off and hollow them more. That should give me something to do on rainy days.
  It stopped raining around 4 pm so after supper we went to the park. I tested the Nomad with the modified tank and 10% fuel. I got 4.5 ounces in and that gave me 8 extra laps after the pattern. I plan to try a foot longer lines next time out. I also brought the Shark 665 with the larger venturi for a fuel mileage test. i put the usual amount of fuel in and it ran out at the end of the pattern which proves it's using more fuel which equals more power. I increased the rpm's and got a few laps extra so I plan to use a foot shorter lines on that next time out.
  I ordered 5 more gallons of castor oil and that should be here tomorrow. They had a holiday sale and I saved $20.00. I have enough oil to make 50 gallons of fuel.

No comments: