Sunday, May 14, 2017

Whoda thunk it??

Stupid designers. After getting results by setting the engine thrust line to where it should be I checked almost all my planes. Most of them had down thrust. I managed to remove most of it and they are flying better as a result. I even checked the electric Pathfinder and shimmed the motor to zero it out. I flew it this morning and it flew very well. I have another plane called Mo-Best. It was a fairly expensive kit and never flew that good. I put an engine back in and set the thrust line to zero. I'll give it a try in the morning.Finding where the thrust line is on the plane is a hassle. Some I have the plans for and some I have to guess as close as I can to get accurate measurements. The next one I build will get set up to the plans early on when it's easy.

No comments: