Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tough crowd.

I scored the highest ever at the contest and it was only good for last out of 6. I kicked ass at the raffle. A couple small items and a Twister kit and an ARF Nobler. The ARF is built, covered and ready for final assembly. A good $170.00 worth of goodies. I didn't have room for the Nobler box but an acquaintance from nearby brought it home for me. I got an email this morning and ended up selling the Twister kit. I'll mail it out in the morning..
  I got to fly the Nomad and it's back to where it was originally. If I could have flown it on Thursday I would have taken it to the contest. I made a few changes to the push rod today and it's flying very well.
  I got in two short test flights with the Wildcat today. I put the engine I bought from a guy at the contest and it worked for the tests but I changed the home made venturi for a stock one. I left the spray bar in but I think that will be changed if the fuel burn is too much.The plane was stable even going slow and the wings are level in flight which is a big deal. I may get in some more flights after meeting with the bank people tomorrow.

No comments: