Thursday, May 18, 2017

Stupid car.

The brakes on the Hyundai have been making a slight noise lately. I figured it was time to change the pads on the disc brakes. I've done this many times on American cars and it's a no brainer. I ordered the pads and started to attack the rear brakes first. Try as I might I couldn't get the caliper piston to retract so I could put the new pads in. I tried both sides and it was the same the piston wouldn't move. I tried the front and those compressed like I'm used to but the pads are still good. I went back to the store and got some info that solved the problem. The pistons have to be turned to get them back into the caliper. That takes a special tool that is rentable for $130.00. I went to youtube and found the job can be done with long nose pliers. I also found a tool that WalMart has that will do the job for $10.00. I'll get that one in the morning.

No comments: