Sunday, December 10, 2017

And then there were none.

I went to the park around noon today with the P-40 and the problematic Polynesian. I've had a 60 size plane for quite some time and lately more than one. The newest, Hunderbird, died on impact a few weeks ago. The oldest, Polynesian, had been giving me trouble with bad engine runs since it's first flight several years ago. I've tried different engines, fuel tanks, more wood in the nose but nothing changed until today. I put it to the band saw. I salvaged the wing and stabilizer plus the hardware. I am officially out of 60 size planes.
  On the brighter side; a guy came up to me as I was getting ready to wind up the lines and asked about flying with the lines. We chatted for a bit and he mentioned going to school in Killingly, Ct. I said I was from Moosup 10 miles from there. Even more chatting.

No comments: